Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Is He A Terrible or Ok Boss

It's a brand new Tuesday *16th June 2009*

I have went to interview on Friday and then on Monday I made up my mind to join the new Company.

I tender my resignation letter on Monday *15th June 2009*

I hold the resignation letter walked in to Lady Boss's room.

I looked at her and smiled while handling her the letter. She looked at the letter and weak smile.

Lady Boss : Why?

Me : I have another better offer.

Lady Boss : Ok. I'll pass this to the Boss later.

After a short pause.

Lady Boss : Where is the new company?

Me : It's somewhere near Luyang. Have you heard of the new Shopping Mall in KK?

Lady Boss : Yes. Ok.

The room was quiet. Lady Boss continue to look at the letter. I feel awkward then walked out of the room.

At around 12pm, I saw Lady Boss holding the letter and walked into Boss's room and hand over to him.

At around 1pm, both of them went out for lunch.

Time past and work routines go on as usual. At 4pm, Boss intercom me.

I took a deep breath and walked into his room...fully prepared in mind to face him.

Me : Mr Boss *hehehe* not so polite to publish his name

Boss : Have a sit.

He continue flipping his documents while I sat down. A few minutes later he stack his documents then looked at me with a smile.

Boss : Ok. What's your reason? *pointing at my resignation letter*

Me : I have a better offer from another company.

Boss : Better offer?

I nod my head.

Boss : Ok. *took a deep breath* This is not right. How could you give me a reason about salary? Since you came for interview, you give me an expected salary then I just gave you what you expected. I did not bargain the salary with you. Now you tell me there's better offer?

Me : I know. My other offer cannot be compared with this company as this is an electrical company but that is a developer. I am well-experienced in that field so I think that is why I was given a good offer.

Boss : No...no...you cannot say like that. You know you should not be this kind of person. You cannot be a person without a point of view. Since you promised to accept my offer in this job, some more I have not really started giving you work yet, you have not even try out here, then you tell me about better offer for leaving. This is not fair. When I interview you, you told me your expected salary and I didn't bargain with you at all. I ask you if this salary is comfortable for you, you told me ok. You never tell me that you would want a high salary and then I bargain with you or I feel I cannot give you then I reject it. At least then it is more logical if you tell me you have better offer now.

I just nod my head and smile.

Boss : I know every person should look ahead into one's future and climb up in life...but you used it in the wrong way. This makes me very disappointed with you. If you continue doing this in the future, I can assured you won't have a good future. You are a person without point of view in life. This is a very bad attitude. Because of that few hundreds, you can just give up what you have now then totally changed your view.

I continue to nod my head but looked at him in a weird expression.

Me : It's actually not a few hundreds...it almost can reach to a thou...

Boss : I don't care if it is hundreds or thousands but you should think further of your future. You tell me it's a developer. Have you ever think that in a few years time when the project has completed then they close down...what will you do? You will lose your job. In here, I do not have projects, this is a long-term business and you can work permanently. Do you know what is good for your future...?

I give up smiling and just continue to nod my head and look at him in a blank expression.

Boss : *sigh* Since you tell me this reason, I will not even consider to ask you to stay. If you tell me any other reasons, I definitely will ask you to stay. When you came for interview, I find you are a good person but now I am very disappointed with you. You are not what I think who is so good now.

Me : Ok.

Boss : Do you know you cause me a lot of trouble? Do you know when you applied, I have few applications on hand. I choose you to come for interview and you told me you will accept this job then I rejected interviewing all others. Then in such a short time, you tell me you are quitting because of better offer. You tell me what am I going to do now. I need to re-arrange all my works again. I need to waste more time to look for another person. You think again yourself is this the kind of person you continue to be in future?

I still look at him in a blank expression. He keeps talking and I need time to digest what he is talking.

Boss : I have an advise for you. Let me tell you...now that you go work elsewhere...you really need to change your attitide. You cannot continue be a person with no point of view again in future. If not, you are definitely not going to be a successful person. You will ruin your own future. You listen to my advise is good for you. *sigh* Ok. I have nothing to say anymore. This reason makes me very disappointed with you. I'm going to look into this matter seriously and will ask them to take serious action into this matter.

I nod my head then in a blur feeling...walked out of his room...

It's about 4:15pm and I need to wait till 5pm to be able to go home. Luckily this is my last day. If not I will be even more blur tomorrow.

This is the most weird Boss I have ever meet since I came out to work.I have been working for 8 years now and this is the my one & only experience with a Director in the company.

No comments: