Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Karen Song's Marriage

Hi there,

It's absolutely HAPPENING.... I am getting MARRIED!!

Have been in touch with Michael Smith since last year and met him over Easter and again recently in Brisbane, Australia! So, why waste time lah...accepted his proposal in early May when I was there!

He's the only son with another sister. His mum has got no grandchildren yet... so, can you imagine lah :) We will be married at the St Gerard Majella Church in West Chemside, Brisbane on 28th July 4.00pm and thereafter to reception at the United Service Club in Brisbane city.

Do click this link to view our photos taken during the engagement party at his mum's home:


http://www.flickr.com/gp/42921300@N00/c839pN

Michael was in the retail trade his entire life until about 6 years ago after his dad passed away did he quit to move from Sydney back to Brisbane in order to be near his mum. Was jetsetting during his retail trade days but now he's in the Queensland state government handling development projects.

YES, yes, yes....I'll be a homemaker... something I always wanted to be since a little girl. Yeah... it takes 40 years to shape, drill and prune this old girl up to take up this role with a lot of tears, laughter and sweat... along the way (I treasure every bit of this journey... so thankful and I thank so many of you who have pulled me, dragged me and sometimes beat me to stay on this journey...)

I am now serving my notice at work (hehe... !!!) here in Kota Kinabalu, Sabah and will finish off at the end of June and then depart for Brisbane on 7th July.

ANYONE coming to Brisbane... you know I'll be there from July onwards! Coming for the wedding.. even better!!

Very sorry.. this is a general impersonal email to all my lovely pals around the globe.. but I think it's the only way to blast out this news!

Cheers, hugs and blessings to you.... karen

No comments: